University of California, Berkeley
Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Delhi
B.E. in Manufacturing Processes and Automation – 2010
Honors and Awards
- Asia Deans' Forum, The Rising Stars – 10/2019
- CMU EECS Rising Stars Academic Workshop – 10/2016
- Helene Cantor Graduate Fellowship – Summer 2015
- Georgia Tech Nano IGERT Symposium Travel Grant – 04/2014
- Graduate Division Conference Travel Grant – 05/2014
- ME Department NRT (Nonresident Tuition) Fellowship – SP 2013
- Graduate Division NRT Award – SP 2012
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar State Award for Toppers, Delhi, India – 06/2011
- University of Delhi Academic Merit Scholarship Award (full tuition waiver) – 2006-2010
Teaching and Leadership
University of California, Berkeley, US
ME 130 “Design of Planar Machinery”, Teaching Assistant Fall 2015, Fall 2016
Developed the weekly lab practicum (class of 75 students) and led the discussion sessions, teaching students the principles of mechanism design, 3D computer modelling & motion analysis.
ME 122, “Processing of Materials in Manufacturing”, Teaching Assistant Spring 2016
- Taught the principles of traditional manufacturing processes (casting, forging, rolling), and rapid prototyping techniques.
- Assisted students in their product design projects regarding practical application of manufacturing and material selection processes.
- I hosted laboratory tours and demos on Cal Day (2013 & 2014) to general public, particularly high school students.
- I have run a weekly Nanotechnology colloquium event for the past three years now. The event hosts speakers from both academic backgrounds and industrial labs. The talk series serves as a platform for graduate students to present their work and receive critical feedback.
- As an active member of the EECS graduate women association, I acted as mentor to help female graduate students transition to graduate school and advised them on coping with academic stress.